Council Tax Support

Other financial help

Housing benefit is paid to people on low income who pay rent. People can claim whether they are in full time work or get social security benefits.

Local councils deal with housing benefit claims and must follow the rules set out by parliament.

If you want to know more about housing benefit please visit the housing benefit page.

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

For more information on DWP benefits visit the Department for Work and Pensions or call 0845 608 8757

Pension Credit

For more information on pension credits please visit the Pension Service or call 0800 99 1234

Get in touch about Council Tax

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.