Council Tax Support

What if I disagree

If you think that your Council Tax Support decision is wrong then you can ask us to look at it again and review it.

You need to write to us within one month of the date of your decision letter to make an appeal.

There are three different ways that you can ask us to look at the decision again

  1. ask for a detailed written explanation of our decision, if you do not understand it
  2. ask us to reconsider our decision, if you do not agree with it
  3. ask to appeal to an independent tribunal, if your case has been looked at again and you are still not happy with the decision

Make an appeal

To make an appeal, you need to email or write to us.


Runnymede Borough Council
Civic Centre
Station Road
KT15 2AH

You must tell us

  • which decision you would like us to explain or look at again
  • why you think the decision is wrong
  • if there are other factors we need to take into consideration

You should include as much information as possible to help us check that the decision is correct.


You should provide any evidence we have not seen before that you think will help with your appeal.

The easiest way to provide evidence is by e-mail to

You need to include your

  • claim reference
  • name
  • address

You can also visit the Civic Centre and provide this evidence in person.

What happens next

If we agree the decision is wrong we will make corrections to your entitlement and send you a new decision letter.

If we feel the decision is correct we will write to you confirming this. If you disagree and think our decision is wrong YOU must contact the Valuation Tribunal to make an appeal.

Telephone: 0303 445 8100.
Valuation Tribunal
2nd Floor, 120 Leman Street, London E1 8EU

Get in touch about Council Tax

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.