What if I disagree
If you think that your Council Tax Support decision is wrong then you can ask us to look at it again and review it.
You need to write to us within one month of the date of your decision letter to make an appeal.
There are three different ways that you can ask us to look at the decision again
- ask for a detailed written explanation of our decision, if you do not understand it
- ask us to reconsider our decision, if you do not agree with it
- ask to appeal to an independent tribunal, if your case has been looked at again and you are still not happy with the decision
Make an appeal
To make an appeal, you need to email or write to us.
Runnymede Borough Council
You must tell us
- which decision you would like us to explain or look at again
- why you think the decision is wrong
- if there are other factors we need to take into consideration
You should include as much information as possible to help us check that the decision is correct.
You should provide any evidence we have not seen before that you think will help with your appeal.
The easiest way to provide evidence is by e-mail to email@example.com
You need to include your
- claim reference
You can also visit the Civic Centre and provide this evidence in person.
What happens next
If we agree the decision is wrong we will make corrections to your entitlement and send you a new decision letter.
If we feel the decision is correct we will write to you confirming this. If you disagree and think our decision is wrong YOU must contact the Valuation Tribunal to make an appeal.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about council tax
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.