Council Tax Support

How is it paid?

If you pay Council Tax we normally send you a Council Tax bill showing your Council Tax Support entitlement. You then only pay the reduced amount. This means you will not actually get any money but your Council Tax will be less.

Whilst you receive Council Tax Support you must tell us immediately about any changes to the information you gave us on your application form especially if you stop getting Income Support, ESA (IR) or JSA (IB).

If you do not tell us straight away about any changes you may get more Council Tax Support than you should. If this happens we normally ask you to pay it back to us.

Get in touch about Council Tax

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.