Business Rates reductions

Charitable rate relief

Charities and community amateur sports clubs

Charities and registered community amateur sports clubs are entitled to 80% mandatory relief where the property is occupied by the charity or club and is wholly or mainly used for charitable purposes or as a registered community amateur sports club. We have discretion to award further relief to cover the remaining 20% of the bill.

Non-profit making organisations

We can award up to 100% relief to non-profit making organisations whose main objects are charitable or otherwise philanthropic or religious, or are concerned with social welfare, education, science, literature, the fine arts or recreation.

The power is discretionary and can therefore be limited by other factors, notably the budget and funds available for this purpose.

Please email us if you wish to apply for a mandatory or discretionary relief using one of the buttons below.

Apply for a mandatory relief

Apply for a discretionary relief

We will assess your application carefully against the criteria set out in our scheme and if you are awarded the relief we will issue you with a new bill.

PDF icon Charity Relief Scheme 2023-26 

Get in touch about Business Rates

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.