Other causes of damp
Check the following
- all accessible plumbing for leaks
- guttering and down pipes for cracks and blockages, for example, leaves
- overflows and waste pipes under sinks for leaks
- possible roof leaks
- damaged outside walls or eroded pointing
- high garden or path levels overlapping the damp proof course
This type of damp is called penetrating damp and generally leaves 'tide marks' and mould growth around the area of defect.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about housing repairs
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.