Your responsibility for repairs
As a tenant you are responsible for maintaining certain parts of your property.
These responsibilities include
- blockages to waste pipes, gullies and WCs caused by misuse
- chimney sweeping
- curtain rails
- damage caused by forced entry by the police (unless nothing was found and no-one charged)
- damage caused by you, anyone living with you, your visitors or pets
- door adjustments required when installing flooring or floor coverings
- doorbells (if battery powered) and door furniture
- fuses and plugs on your own appliances
- gardens / garden contents
- general decoration
- glazing (unless authorised by us)
- keys - lost or stolen, including the replacement of locks
- plaster damage (minor damage such as surface cracking)
- plugs and chains for all baths, sinks, wash hand basins and WCs
- re-programming of heating and hot water control panels
- shower heads and hoses
- smoke alarms (if battery powered)
- tap washers
- toilet seats (unless resident is in sheltered accommodation)
- TV aerials and satellite dishes (unless linked to a communal aerial)
- wasp's nest (unless they are interfering with our ability to carry out repairs)
- wooden sheds or outbuildings.
For further information check your
Alternatively contact us on 01932 838383 or email email@example.com
Help us to improve this website
Use this form to provide feedback on this webpage. Don't use it to contact us about a service or make a complaint. We will not reply, even if you include personal details such as your name and address.
Get in touch about housing repairs
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.