As a tenant you are responsible for maintaining certain parts of your property.
These responsibilities include
- blockages to waste pipes, gullies and WCs caused by misuse
- chimney sweeping
- curtain rails
- damage caused by you, anyone living with you, your visitors, or pets
- door adjustments required when installing flooring or floor coverings
- doorbells (if battery powered) and door furniture
- fuses and plugs on your own appliances
- gardens / garden contents
- general decoration
- glazing (unless authorised by the Council)
- keys - lost or stolen, including the replacement of locks
- plugs and chains for all baths, sinks, wash hand basins and WCs
- re-programming of heating and hot water control panels
- shower heads and hoses
- smoke alarms (if battery powered)
- tap washers
- toilet seats (unless the resident is in one of our Independent Retirement Living schemes.)
- TV aerials and satellite dishes (unless linked to a communal aerial)
- pests (unless they are interfering with our ability to carry out repairs)
- wooden sheds or outbuildings.
For further information check your
Alternatively contact us on 01932 838383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Get in touch about housing repairs
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.