Support for Ukrainian nationals

Ukrainian arrivals checklist

Щоб прочитати цю сторінку українською, перегляньте Google Translate Підтримка громадян України 

Disclaimer: as the translations linked above are provided by Google Translate, Runnymede Borough Council cannot be held responsible for their accuracy.

Key things guests need to do once they arrive in the UK

You can get a free Vodafone SIM card (valid for 6 months) from the Runnymede Borough Council Ukrainian Resettlement Team, the Red Cross, Voluntary Support North Surrey, the local Foodbank or on Tuesdays at the drop-in meetings at the Revive Café. To get connected immediately, you can buy a pay-as-you-go top up SIM card from supermarkets and other retailers.

Payment card: contact The Ukrainian Resettlement Team at Runnymede Borough Council and inform them of your arrival and arrange to collect your £200 payment card.


Tel: 01932 838383

Runnymede Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone KT15 2AH

Apply for a UK bank account. This is necessary to apply for benefits such as Universal Credit. Try using Monzo or Revolut, by downloading the app on your phone and completing the application.

Apply for a BRP Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

If you did not provide your biometrics while applying for Homes for Ukraine visa you can apply for a BRP online through the government website

Once granted, your BRP gives you permission to stay, work, study and claim benefits in the UK for up to three years. The guest will receive an email allowing them to make an appointment to provide ID and biometric data. Our closest office is Croydon.

If you provided your biometric data when applying for your Homes for Ukraine visa your BRP will be ready for collection at your nominated post office. Please check your email and junk box for the letters from the Home Office and Visa Centre with the directions how and where to get your BRP. Please read the whole email from the Home Office so you do not miss any information on your BRP.  If your BRP is lost or stolen see

Apply online for Universal Credit. This is the benefit system in the UK. Bank details and phone number required. This eventually triggers the National Insurance number and job centre appointments. The sooner you do this application the better as your payments will be backdated from the date of submission. If you have children you can also apply for Child Benefit

If you are eligible for Pension, you can apply for Pension Credit

Apply for children to enrol in school. A few private schools are offering places. State schools will normally require you to apply via Central Surrey clearing as an out of normal date application

Apply for financial support from the British Red Cross and receive a £50 payment voucher. Contact the British Red Cross Support line number 0808 196 3651 and select option 1 (Open Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm, Wednesday 10am to 8pm).which is open daily between 10-6pm. You must apply within 14 days of arrival to the UK.


Register with a local doctor/general practitioners (GPs)

and apply online or collect a paper form from reception.

For further information or guidance visit

You will need to make an appointment in advance to visit the GP.

Visit us at Revive Café.

Every Tuesday from 12:30pm until 2pm our team host a drop-in session at Revive Café in Chertsey. Come along to meet other Ukrainian refugees and sponsors, have a chat with our team and grab a free cup of coffee or tea and a bite to eat! Revive Café: 99 Guildford Street, Chertsey, KT16 9AS

Find out information about your local Foodbank. There are six food banks in Runnymede to be used in emergencies only if you financially cannot provide food for yourself and your family. Email to claim your voucher.