Housing benefit or council tax support
If you currently receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you need to tell us straight away about any change that could affect how much benefit you get.
If you delay telling us about a change
- you may lose out on extra benefit
- we may pay you too much and you'll have to pay it back
Below are examples of changes you would need to tell us about
- if your earnings change - like working overtime
- if anyone moves in or out of your home
- if your pension increases
- if your rent increases
- if your savings increase to above £6,000
- if you have been, or are about to be, temporarily absent from your home
The list above does not include every change you need to tell us about. If you are unsure tell us anyway.
You need to have a live claim to be able to report a change. If you do not have a live claim you will have to make a new one.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about benefits
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.