Benefit information for landlords

Your tenants change of circumstances

As a landlord you have a responsibility to tell us about any change of circumstances if we pay your tenant's Housing Benefit directly to you.

We expect your tenant to tell us about their change of circumstance, but you should also tell us if it is something you are aware of. If your tenant moves out, or their partner moves in or out, you need to tell us. You should also tell us if there is a change to the amount of rent paid, or if your tenant is in arrears.

If we pay benefit directly to you and you don't tell us about a change in circumstance, you might receive too much benefit and have to pay it back. If you could not have known about the change in circumstance then we will recover it from the tenant.

Get in touch about benefits

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.