Charity collections


Locally, we have decided that authorised official sellers of the Big Issue and volunteers with the Salvation Army selling the 'War Cry' do not need a licence from this Council because of the administrative burden this would place on them given the increased frequency of their activities compared with other cash collections. However, we are aware that some Big Issue sellers might not be registered with the Big Issue organisation so please check their ID before buying.

Some national charities are exempt from needing a house to house collections licence by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and are issued with a National Exemption Order, but they or the organisation or company that is collecting on their behalf must still notify us that they are collecting.

You can view a list of exempt charities collecting in Runnymede.

Get in touch about charity licensing

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.