Areas to focus on
The following areas should be your main focus
- food hygiene training / knowledge
- personal hygiene
- infection control
- pest control
- cleaning and sanitising (what types of chemicals and cleaning cloths are used? How they are cleaned / sanitised?)
- stock rotation
- temperature control
- traceability (using batch codes and keeping records)
- tamper evident seals and packaging
- equipment (suitability, condition checks, cleaning, storage)
- general control of chemical (such as cleaning chemicals), physical (particularly risk of loose metal parts from mixers and control of glass in the kitchen) and microbiological hazards at all stages of processing
- ingredient details (including allergy information and edible glitter procedures)
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about environmental health
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.