Your guide to Council Tax

Council Tax support

If you are on a low income, unemployed or retired you may be entitled to a reduction in the amount of Council Tax you pay.

For people of qualifying pension age it is a national scheme set by the Government. For people of working age the scheme has been locally set by the Council.

If you qualify for a reduction in the amount of Council Tax you have to pay your bill will show the instalments due after Council Tax Support and other discounts have been applied.

Our Council Tax Support webpage has further information on this.

Get in touch about Council Tax

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.