Tell us you are moving

Moving out of Runnymede

If you are moving out of the borough, you will need to let us know. This should be around a month before you leave the property.

What we will need from you:

  • your Council Tax account number which is on your bill
  • your contact details
  • the date your tenancy ends / sale completed on the property
  • the date you are moving out of the property
  • name and address of the landlord or agent (if renting) / new owners if possible (if selling)
  • your forwarding address for the closing bill (if paper billing) and to close the account

Once you have notified us, your closing bill will be sent to you and will detail what is left outstanding on the account.

If you had a Direct Debit set up, you can cancel this through your bank or building society as soon as you have notified us.

Make sure to also inform the new local authority where you are moving to so that they can register you to pay Council Tax at your new address.

Tell us you are moving out