Waste guidance and responsibilities
Any waste that comes from a commercial activity is business waste. If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is business waste.
Business waste also includes any waste that comes from
As a business you need to
- keep waste to a minimum by doing everything you reasonably can to prevent, reuse, recycle or recover waste -get help to do this
- sort and store waste safely and securely
- complete a waste transfer note for each load of waste that leaves your premises
- check if your waste carrier is registered to dispose of waste
- not allow the waste carrier to dispose of your waste illegally (and report them to Crimestoppers if they do)
You have extra responsibilities if are dealing with hazardous waste
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about recycling and waste
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.