Housing advice and support

If you are experiencing housing difficulty, are about to become homeless or you are currently homeless, the Council's Housing Solutions team may be able to help.

If you are at risk of losing your home or if you have been asked to leave where you are living, we can

  • Assess your situation and explain your rights
  • Offer you advice on how to save your tenancy
  • Try to prevent you from becoming homeless, such as meditation between yourself and the excluder
  • Offer advice on finding a new home
  • Explain the duties the Council may owe to you

It is very important that you contact us as soon as possible. Early applications for assistance may maximise the time and opportunities available for us to help you. We will work with you to try to prevent your homelessness and to resolve any housing issues you may have. This is known as a prevention duty.

Whilst we encourage you to seek our assistance as soon as possible, there are also actions you may be able to take to proactively reduce the risk of homelessness 

The Council will assess your circumstances and needs if staying in your current home is not an option. This will often be through seeking accommodation in the private rented sector as this is the quickest avenue out of homelessness. 

Please note that rents in Runnymede are very high. It is important that you ensure any accommodation you move to is affordable. 

The Local Housing Allowance sets out the maximum amount of assistance you may be able to receive dependent on how many bedrooms you need. To find out how much you may be able to receive use the ‘entitled to’ calculator which will you give you an approximate guide. 

The useful websites below are popular home search engines you can use if you are looking for a new home

Get in touch about housing solutions

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.