Subject access request

The Data Protection Act 2018 (the DPA) gives you a right to access the information Runnymede Borough Council holds about you. These requests are known as Subject Access Requests or SARs.

Subject Access Requests can be made verbally, however we would ask you to put the request in writing as this will assist us in accurately and efficiently dealing with your request. We would also ask that you provide us with proof of your identity as this will help the Council ensure that your information is only disclosed to you.

Make a subject access request

If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, we will ask for evidence showing your entitlement or authority to do so.

We will aim to provide you with a response to your request within one calendar month.

For more information about accessing your own information, please visit the Information Commissioner's website.