We have based our Publication Scheme on the Information Commissioner's model scheme for local authorities. The model Publication Scheme commits an authority to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities. It consists of at least seven commitments and seven classes (or “classifications”) of information.
A Publication Scheme commits an authority to
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below (please refer to the section entitled “Classes of Information”)
- specify the information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below (please refer to the section entitled “Classes of Information”)
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme
- produce and publish methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public
- review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under the scheme
- produce a schedule of fees charged for information which is made proactively available
- make this publication scheme available to the public
- to publish any dataset held by the Authority that has been requested, and any updated versions, it holds, unless the Authority is satisfied that is it not appropriate to do so; to publish the dataset, where reasonable practicable, in an electronic format that is capable of reuse; and, if any information in the dataset is a relevant copyright work and the public authority is the only owner, to make the information available for reuse under a specified licence. The term "dataset" is defined in section 11 (5) of the Freedom of Information Act. The terms "relevant copyright work" and "specified licence" are defined in section 19 (8) of that Act.
Where it is practicable, we will make the information covered by this Publication Scheme available on this website. Where it is impracticable to make information available on the website, or when an individual does not wish to or is unable to access the information using our website, you can contact Information Governance Officer for an alternative format.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. If this is the case, contact details will be provided so that an appointment to view the information can be arranged within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where we are legally required to translate any information we will do so.
Obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information other forms and formats will be adhered to when providing information in accordance with this Scheme.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful