Housing complaints

Not satisfied with our decision?

If the Council is your landlord (you are a tenant or leaseholder) you can contact the Housing Ombudsman at any stage of our formal complaints procedure for advice & assistance. The Ombudsman can only make a formal decision once a complaint has been through both stages of the complaints procedure.

For more information on the Housing Ombudsman or to raise a complaint visit their website.

Or phone on 0300 111 3000

For other housing services, for example the Housing Register, you can now ask the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman to review your complaint. You usually have 12 months to do this.

Or phone on 0300 061 0614 (opening hours: Monday - Friday - 10am -4pm (except public holidays)

You may also wish to contact a designated person such as your councillor or MP