If you are planning to move out of your home you must give us at least four weeks written notice, even if you are moving into residential care.
Ending a tenancy with us may affect your chances of being re-homed in the future and may also mean that you are not able to re-join the housing register. It is a good idea to get independent legal advice before you do.
You should complete a Termination of Tenancy Form and send it to us as soon as possible. Please tell us the date you are moving out and your new address.
- If your tenancy started on or before 3 April 2016, your tenancy must end on a Sunday. Your notice will take effect from the Monday after we receive your form.
- If your tenancy started on or after 4 April 2016, your tenancy can end on any day of the week. Your notice will take effect from the day that we receive your form.
You are responsible for paying rent until the end of your notice. If you move out without telling us we will continue to charge you rent.
We will arrange a pre-termination visit to your home. This will include
- an inspection of the condition of the property
- giving you advice on how to avoid any rechargeable repairs
- a discussion of any rent which may be due up to the end of the tenancy
- identifying any improvement works you may have carried out so that we can consider if any compensation may be due to you
During your notice period we may carry out viewing of the property with potential new tenants. We will always arrange this with you in advance.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about your tenancy
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.