Where do Council Tax payments go

Where your payments go

Your Council Tax payments are used to fund services provided by Runnymede Borough Council, Surrey County Council and Surrey Police.

Runnymede Borough Council only receives 8.38% and use this funding to provide local services including

  • collecting household waste and recycling
  • street cleaning
  • day centres for the elderly
  • community transport and meals
  • parks and green spaces
  • CCTV and other measures to keep Runnymede safe

Surrey County Council receives 77.38% and use this funding to provide the following services

  • education
  • children’s and adult social care
  • libraries
  • Surrey fire and rescue
  • Trading standards
  • public transport
  • maintenance of public roads

See how the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey (Surrey Police) spends your Council Tax payments which contributes to the remaining 14.24% of your total bill

Get in touch about Council Tax

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.