Demolishing a building?

If you want to demolish a building or part of a building you will need to submit a demolition notice. You must apply six weeks before the date of demolition.

Before you start work we advise you contact our planning team and check if you need planning permission before starting work.

The quickest way to apply for a demolition notice is online.

Remember you are responsible for letting people in neighbouring buildings know, as well as gas and electric suppliers.

If there is a party wall check to see if the Party Wall Act applies.

Get in touch about building control

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.