Disabled adaptations

If you need to make changes to your home to suit the needs of someone with a disability, you may be able to get a Disabled Facilities Grant to help with the costs.

You can also use our care and repair service for advice and practical support in arranging the works.

A Disabled Facilities Grant can help towards the cost of adaptations which are recommended by an Occupational Therapist. To arrange an assessment please call Surrey County Council on 0300 200 1005

Disabled Facilities Grants are means tested so you may have to contribute towards the cost of the works. Cosmetic work such as decorating will not be covered.  Works cannot be funded retrospectively.

For more details on Disabled Facilities Grants please see PDF icon to indicate a PDF file DFG guidance or email carerepair@runnymede.gov.uk

PDF icon to indicate a PDF file Home Improvement Agency Assistance Policy