All social landlords, whether they are councils or housing associations, periodically review their tenancy agreements so they remain relevant and effective. This ensures tenants can enjoy their homes in peace and security.
Before changes can be made to your tenancy agreement, the Council must consult with all tenants.
We have reviewed the tenancy agreement, and the proposed changes include
- Clarity on succession rights
- Former tenant arrears
- Service charges
- Responsibility on prevention of damp and mould in your home
- Communication on increase of service charges
- Clarity on what permission is needed before making home improvements and alterations
- Details and explanation on lodgers and subletting
All Council tenants will receive a letter which includes the proposed changes.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful