Route Knowledge Test Study Guide
There are 12 short routes on the route knowledge test which you have the opportunity to learn.
You will be required to answer 3 routes from each railway station those routes will be chosen by the examiner on the day of the test.
The pass mark is 6 correct answers out of 9.
The most direct route must be used and must include. Road names.
Changes of road name. Direction of turn at junctions.
The number of the exit taken at a roundabout. Traffic lights and direction taken.
Abbreviations may be used, see example below.
- Addlestone Rail Station to Top Golf, New Haw
- From station car park TL (turn left) into Victory Park Road. TR (turn right) into Station Road.
- 1st RAB (roundabout) 1st exit into Garfield Road. 1st RAB 2nd exit into Crockford Park Rd.
- ATS (automatic traffic signal) TL into New Haw Rd TR into Moated Farm Drive for Top Golf.
Egham Rail Taxi Rank to:
- The Twynersh PH
- Wentworth Club House
- Battersea dogs home (Old Windsor)
- Truss’s Island
Chertsey Rail Taxi Rank to:
- Coxes Lock
- Achieve Lifestyle
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel
- Foxhills Country Club
Addlestone Rail Taxi Rank to:
- Chertsey Museum
- The Boat House PH
- TASIS American School
- St Peters Hospital(main entrance)
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about licensing
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.