Graffiti is illegal. It spoils property and can be expensive to remove.
You can report to us graffiti on land, buildings or structures which are owned or managed by the council.
Offensive graffiti is usually removed, covered or obscured within one working day of our team becoming aware of the issue.
We do not remove graffiti from private land.
What you will need to tell us
When you report graffiti you will be asked for
- a description of the graffiti (including any writing that's in it)
- whether it's offensive
- what type of surface it's on (brick or plaster for example)
- an image of the graffiti (if you have one)
- details of the person who created the graffiti (if you know)
If you want to track progress on your report, you can log in to, or register for a OneAccount
Graffiti on private land
If your property has been targeted by graffiti vandals we recommend that you report this to the police as an incidence of criminal damage. Make sure you obtain a crime reference number and check with your Insurer to see if criminal damage is covered under the terms of your buildings insurance policy.
The information below shows who to get in touch with when graffiti is at these locations.
- BT cabinets (painted green) - contact BT Openreach
- Virgin Media cabinets (painted grey) – contact Virgin Media
- Bus Stop/Shelters – contact Runnymede Borough Council
- Electricity sub-stations – contact UK Power Networks
- Canal side towpaths - contact Canal & River Trust
- Railway lines, bridges or stations – contact Network Rail
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about recycling and waste
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.