Report a dead animal

Dead bird

What you need to do depends on the type of animal, and whether you were involved in an accident with it.

Report a car accident with an animal

You must stop and report the accident to the police if you hit a

  • dog
  • horse
  • cattle for example cows
  • pig
  • goat
  • sheep
  • donkey
  • mule

You must do this as quickly as you can, whether the animal is killed or not.

Report a dead animal to Runnymede Borough council

You can report a dead animal which has been found in a public area such as a footpath, park or on or at the edge of a road within the Runnymede boundary

This includes wild animals like badgers, foxes, deer and swans as well as domestic pets such as cats and dogs.

Dead animals or birds on private land must be reported to the landowner and removed and disposed of in the correct and proper manner.

To report a dead animal

  • use the Search maps box below, enter the name of the street to find the exact location of the fly-tip
  • once you have found the exact location click on the map to start your report
  • submit photographs if you have any
  • add comments
  • submit your report
  • Blue pins already showing on the map are dead animals already reported and orange pins show where a dead animal has been reported and removed


Report a dead animal

Get in touch about recycling and waste

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.