Road Closures under the Town Police Clauses Act

Bunting, litter and waste

Union Jack bunting across a street and above a red and white canopy

If you would like to put up decorations for your street party you can put up bunting without a licence.

If you want to put up bunting within a public highway consent is needed from Surrey County Council. For further information please contact Surrey County Council 

Do we need to clean up afterwards?

The refuse, recycling and streets teams will be working as normal over the coronation weekend

  1. make sure your bin is out for collection at the normal time
  2. if you are having a street party and the road will be closed make sure all bins are placed at the nearest point the truck is able to get to. If the road is closed we will not be able to return until the next collection date
  3. party residents and organisers will be responsible for clearing rubbish and litter

Dispose of all your rubbish in your own household bins. If you have left over food put your food caddy to good use. Place items such as glass, cans and cardboard in your recycling bin.

Household waste can be taken to the local recycling centres

If you have decorated your street with bunting there needs to be 12 feet or more clearance. If the bunting is too low the bin collection lorry will not be able to collect the bins.