Street parties and road closures

If your street party is taking place on the road or public highway you will need to apply for a Temporary Road Closure Notice. It's free and once granted will allow you to close the road to passing traffic for the duration of your event, you need to give at least 6 weeks' notice - applications for Coronation events or street party are now closed.

If the event is in a cul-de-sac or no through road a road closed sign should be displayed.

When the application is for a through road, and/or a traffic diversion route is required Runnymede Borough Council will consult Surrey County Council Highways for advice and agreement.

Temporary road closure application form

Small private community parties and fêtes where no alcohol is sold do not normally require a licence. These parties and fetes are where groups of residents, or a community organisation, organises an event for the benefit of their neighbours or a local school.

More information about organising a street party can be found on the government website

Parties on private land

If you are holding your party on private land or off the road you will not need a Road Closure Notice.