Whether you are applying for planning permission for changes to your home or you are working on a major development our pre-application advice service is here to help.
We can help you determine
- the main planning constraints
- the most relevant planning policies
- key planning issues
- the likelihood of your proposal being accepted
- suggested improvements to your proposal
To request pre-application advice you will need to submit the fee along with informal scaled plans. Please provide as much information as possible, including
- a description of the proposal
- a location plan with the site boundaries clearly shown
- a block plan showing the proposed layout of the site with the proposed development including access and parking areas and the location of any trees
- floor plans and elevations of the proposed development
Apply for pre-application advice
Please email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and Pre application advice can be paid online using the "Pay for it" option or advise us in an email if you wish to pay by bacs.
Our advice service cannot guarantee that you will be granted planning permission. Depending on the planning constraints for your site you may also need to consult other organisations such as the Highway Authority (Surrey County Council) or the Environment Agency for advice. These organisations may also charge for providing advice and information.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about planning
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.