Housing for older people

We have a number of sheltered housing (Independent Retirement Living) schemes in Runnymede, designated for those over the age of 55. We also have an extra care housing scheme, which allows you to live independently but with 24-hour support if you need it.

Sheltered Housing (Independent Retirement Living)

We have our own schemes as well as being able to access those schemes owned and managed by registered providers or housing associations. You will need to apply to the housing register to be considered for any of these schemes.

Extra Care Housing

Extra Care Housing is also known as 'assisted living' or 'housing with care'. It allows you to live independently with the added security of access to 24-hour support services.

Where are Extra Care Housing properties in Runnymede?

There is one Extra Care scheme at Aldwyn Place, Larchwood Drive, Englefield Green. It's managed by Hanover Housing Association. The scheme has 56 modern, self-contained flats built to accommodate wheelchairs.

It offers:

  • 24-hour alarm call system
  • On-site care team
  • Door entry system with CCTV protection
  • Weekly flat cleaning
  • Pet-friendly policy
  • Communal facilities including garden, lounge, dining room, library, laundry, shop for general provisions, hairdressers and a guest suite

How do I apply for Extra Care Housing?

Please apply by joining the housing register (Link to HR pages). You will need to demonstrate a need to live in this supported accommodation and a referral would need to be made via Adult Social Care.

If you currently have a Social Worker from your Runnymede Locality Team, then please discuss a possible referral with them.

Contact details

Please contact the Housing Allocations Team on 01932 838383 or email housingallocations@runnymede.gov.uk if you would like to know more about the provision of housing for older people and how to apply.