Appeal against a housing benefit decision

If you think that your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support decision is wrong then you can ask us to look at it again and review it.

You need to write to us within one month of the date of your decision letter to make an appeal.

There are three different ways that you can ask us to look at the decision again

  • ask for a detailed written explanation of our decision, if you do not understand it
  • ask us to reconsider our decision, if you do not agree with it
  • ask to appeal to an independent tribunal, if your case has been looked at again and you are still not happy with the decision

Get in touch about benefits

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.