Report an incident

Reporting accidents at work

Certain accidents at work are covered by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013.

Employers, the self-employed and other people in charge of work premises must report certain types of accidents, ill-health and dangerous occurrences that happen because of work.

You must report

  • deaths
  • specified major injuries
  • over-seven-day injuries - where an employee or self-employed person is away from work or unable to perform their normal work duties for more than seven consecutive days
  • injuries to members of the public or people not at work where they are taken to hospital
  • some work-related diseases
  • some types of dangerous occurrences

More detailed information is available on the HSE website

Get in touch about environmental health

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.