The Business and Planning Act 2020 allows Pavement licences to be granted by local Councils.
Pavement licences enable food and drink businesses to put removable furniture on the pavement adjacent to their premises in order to sell or serve food and drink, or for people to sit at to consume food and drink. To ensure you aware of your responsibilities as an applicant for a pavement licence read the Pavement Licensing Policy and guidance
To apply for a licence please submit the application form along with the correct supporting documents, please read and complete this application carefully as incorrect or incomplete forms will be rejected. A fee of £100 is payable, payment must be by debit or credit card, please contact the licensing section on 01932 425711 to make payment prior to submitting you application.
Please submit your applications by email and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org Once you submit your application there is a statutory 5 working consultation period, we consult with the following -
- Runnymede Borough Council Economic Development,
- The Highways Agency,
- Runnymede Borough Council Environmental Health Service (including Environmental Control and Food and Safety Teams),
- Runnymede Borough Council Planning,
- Surrey Fire & Rescue Service,
- Surrey Police,
- the appropriate Local Ward Councillor(s).
Following consultation the Council have 5 working days to determine the application.
How to advertise your application
- advertise your application at the end of the next working day after you have paid the fee and submitted it. This is when the consultation period starts. Use the form below to advertise your application
- take a photo of the notice in place and send it to email@example.com
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the general enquiries form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about licensing
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.