Alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshments

To supply alcohol an individual must hold a Personal Licence, and the premises must also hold a Premises Licence.

Personal licences

A personal licence authorises an individual to supply alcohol or authorise the supply of alcohol at premises that already hold a premise licence. It is issued by the Council and covers the area where the applicant lives.

Premises licences and certificates

A Premises Licence authorises the use of any premises (vehicle, vessel or moveable structure or any place or a part of any premises) to carry out licensable activities. A Premises Certificate authorises registered clubs to carry out licensable activities.

Temporary Event Notice

A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) may be required for licensable activities to take place on an event with fewer than 500 attendees and lasting no more than seven days.

Get in touch about licensing

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.