The Council has a statutory duty to investigate planning enforcement complaints, but has sole discretion as to whether to instigate formal enforcement action in each case.
This can be
- an unauthorised built development, for example, new buildings, extensions and alterations to existing buildings
- unauthorised land uses (unacceptable uses in the Green Belt, businesses running from homes)
- building works not in accordance with approved plans
- breaches of planning conditions
- illegal works to protected trees and listed buildings
- illegal advertisements
- illegal gypsy/traveller incursions
- neglected land and property that is an eyesore
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about planning
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.