- What personal information do we collect?
We collect and process a range of information about you. This includes
- your name, address, contact details, including email address and telephone number
- information you provide to us as part of your booking or service request
- financial information such as payment details
In most cases this information is provided by you when making an enquiry about a service or in connection with an ongoing relationship.
- Why do we process personal data?
We need to process data for the performance of a contract with you. For example, we need to process your data to provide you with a service listed above, or in order to take steps at your request, prior to entering into a contract for these services.
- Who has access to your personal data?
Where necessary your information will be shared with the parties set out below for the purposes stated above.
- Other council departments, including customer services and finance
- Contractors and other third parties working on our behalf
In some instances it may be necessary to share information with the Police, for example where they are investigating a crime. However we will only disclose information that is required for their investigation.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and data protection laws. They are also obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
We will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
- How do we protect personal data?
We take the security of your data seriously. The organisation has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties. Data will only be processed by members of staff authorised by us for this purpose. Access to our systems is limited to members of the team whose job role requires access to the personal data.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your information for as long as necessary. Once your contract or interaction with us has ceased we will only keep your information for a reasonable period to comply with any relevant legal requirements.
- Your rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request (known as a subject access request)
- require us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- ask us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request, but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
- object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
We may still be required to hold or process information if there are legitimate grounds for doing so.