Sex establishments

Apply for a licence

Local residents and businesses

Local residents and business can object to new, renewal or variation applications. Objections relating to an application must be submitted to the Council in writing within the statutory 28 days time frame from the date a valid application is received by the Council.

Application evaluation process

Applications must contain any information that the Council requires, as well as the applicant's name, address and, where the applicant is an individual, their age, plus the address of the premises.

Applicants must give public notice of their application by publishing an advertisement in a local newspaper.

If you do not supply the correct information, your application will not be processed. Where applications are refused or in-complete etc, an administration charge may apply. Please contact us for further information.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from Runnymede Borough Council within a month of your initial application, please contact us.

PDF icon to indicate a PDF file Sex Entertainment Venues Register

PDF icon to indicate a PDF file Sexual Entertainment Venue Application

Get in touch about licensing

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.