About building control

What is building control

The Building Control team of surveyors and engineers make sure that all building work in the Runnymede borough meets the national regulations.

If you are thinking of carrying out any development you will most likely need approval for the building work. Our section on approval for building work should help you decide 

  • Whether you need to apply for approval
  • The type of approval you need
  • How much you have to pay 

Our Building Control team can help you through the process. We provide an efficient, cost effective service ranging from pre-application advice to completion.

Get in touch about building control

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.