View or comment on licensing applications

The public are allowed to give their views on licensing applications by making a representation. Responsible authorities including the Police, Fire Service, Trading Standards and Environmental Health Officers are also able to make representations.

You can make a representation on new application or variation for a premises licence or club certificate, and you can also request a review of an existing licence or certificate of any premises that may be causing problems such as noise or other disturbances.

New applications and full variations will be advertised

  • at the premises
  • in a local newspaper
  • on the council's website
  • in a public register held at the Council's Civic Centre

In addition, other regulatory bodies such as trading standards and the Police  (known as 'responsible authorities') are notified of all new applications and variations to existing licences.

Get in touch about licensing

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.