Universal credit

Universal Credit replaces six existing benefits with a single monthly payment and is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions. Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people out of work or on a low income.

If you live in Runnymede and need help paying your rent you will need to claim Universal Credit, unless you

  • have reached State Pension age
  • live in supported accommodation
  • live in temporary accommodation

If you do fall into one of these categories you will need to claim Housing Benefit

Universal Credit is administered and paid by The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). It replaces these six benefits

All other benefits will remain unchanged.

You can find more information on Universal Credit at GOV.UK


You need to claim Universal Credit on GOV.UK

Council Tax Support

If you qualify for Universal Credit then you may also be able to get Council Tax Support

Get in touch about benefits

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.