Council Tax - Apply for disabled banding reduction

Page 1 of 8 (possible) . You are 13% complete.


If you wish to apply for Disabled Banding Reduction, please ensure you meet the criteria below before applying.

Your home has been adapted to meet the needs of a disabled person. This could include:

  • a physical disability
  • learning difficulties
  • mental health issues

Your home must also have at least one of these to qualify:

  • a room which is mainly used by you as a disabled person and is essential, or of major importance, to your welfare; or
  • an extra bathroom or extra kitchen which is necessary to meet your needs as a disabled person; or
  • enough floor space to use a wheelchair. You must need to use the wheelchair indoors.

To complete this form you will need:

  • your council tax account reference number
  • your contact details
  • a GP certificate or a letter from the disabled person’s doctor, social worker or occupational therapist to confirm that they need these special features of the property because of their disability

The Council take your privacy seriously.

We hold and process all personal information in line with data protection legislation.

You can find out how we manage and process your data in our privacy policy

I have read the privacy policy. Required Required