Runnymede Council wants to ensure that balconues are safe and avoid fire risks.
What do we expect from Tenants?
We ask tenants to:
- Check the surfaces, flooring, glass and railings of their balcony, to make sure they are not in need of repair
- Keep decking clean, and remove algae or dead leaves
- If the balcony is a fire escape, then no items can be stores here.
We ask tenants to not:
- Store items on their balcony, but fire-resistant tables and chairs are fine.
- Clean the outer face of their balcony by reaching over
- Fix additional timber or combustible screening or flooring on the balcony (includes artificial grass or similar)
- Fix anything to the external elements of the building/balcony
- Force anything in-between or connect anything to the railings
- Use the balcony as a barbeque area or use any other appliance that emits a naked flame or intense heat
- Allow pets to foul on the balcony.
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful