This year, there are several Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday Services taking place across the Borough, which our mayor, councillors, and officers are honoured and humbled to attend.
On Friday, 28 October 2022 our Deputy Mayor, Cllr Shannon Saise-Marshall, together with her Consort, Major Rob Marshall, RLC attended the Surrey Poppy Launch 2022 in the presence of His Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey, Mr Michael More-Molyneux, Patron Royal British Legion Surrey which took place at the Army Training Centre in Pirbright.
On Friday, 11 November 2022 our Mayor will be attending St Peter’s Church in Chertsey for an Armistice Day wreath laying ceremony shortly before 11am. Whilst at our Civic Centre offices, our staff will observe the national Two Minutes Silence at 11am, taking time to honour those who have served.
On 13 November 2022, Remembrance Sunday, the Mayor accompanied by the Council’s Leader and CEO will attend the RAF Memorial Service at the Runnymede Air Forces Memorial, Englefield Green, where she will lay a wreath.
Councillors will also be attending local church services* taking place as follows:
St Peter’s Church, Chertsey
- Service begins at 10.30am
St Paul’s Church, Addlestone
- 9.00am - Parade Gathers at Far End of Victory Park then moves to War Memorial at Victory Park Gates
- 9.30am - Act of Remembrance at Victory Park Gates. Silence signalled by bugler. Wreathes laid at the Gates then marches to St Paul's Church Addlestone
- 10.15 – 11.15am - Service of Remembrance in St Paul's Church, including 2 mins silence at 11am signalled. Followed by refreshments laid on by The Royal British Legion in Addlestone
St John’s Church, Egham
- 10am Remembrance Service,
- 11am short service at the war memorial, followed by refreshments in the Easter Centre
St Mary’s Church, Thorpe
- 10am Special Service of Remembrance
- 10.45am procession to the War Memorial in Thorpe Village for the traditional Act of Remembrance at 11am.
- Followed by refreshments back at St Mary's Church at 11.30am.
*These are the services we are currently aware of
The following road closures will be in place
11 November 2022: Chertsey (10.30am – noon)
- London Street - from its junction with Heriot Road to its junction with Windsor Street
- Windsor Street - from its junction with London Street to its junction with Colonel’s Lane
13 November 2022: Addlestone (9.00am – 10.15am)
- Chertsey Road - from its junction with Prairie Road to its junction with Green Lane
- Crouch Oak Lane - entire length
- Station Road - from its junction with Crouch Oak Lane to its junction with High Street, Brighton Road and Church Road
- Church Road - from its junction with High Street, Station Road and Brighton Road to its junction with Ongar Hill
13 November 2022: Egham
- The route of the procession from Waspe Farm Car Park, via Station Road, Church Road and High Street, to the St. John the Baptist Church Centre in Manor Farm Lane (9.15am – 10am)
- The return route of the procession from Church Road at its junction with Manor Farm Lane, into Station Road and Waspe Farm Car park (11.00am – 11.30am)
13 November 2022: Thorpe (10.30am – 11.30am)
- Church Approach - entire length
- Coldharbour Lane - from its junction with Ten Acre Lane to its junction with Village Road.
- Village Road - from its junction with Coldharbour Lane to its junction with Green Road and Mill Lane
- Mill Lane - entire length
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful