Owner and operator information
Before you apply for a licence you will need to have planning permission for the caravan site.
You do not need a licence to run a caravan site if
- forestry workers, builders, travelling showmen or seasonal workers (like fruit pickers) stay in caravans on the site
- the site is five or more acres and there are three or less caravans there for 28 days or less a year
- you are a member of an organisation like a caravan club and have a caravan exemption certificate
- your site is approved by an organisation with a caravan exemption certificate
- members of an exempted organisation stay in their caravans on the site
- your site is used for a social get-together of caravan club members (a 'rally')
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful
Get in touch about environmental health
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.