Temporary events notice

Apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN)

You should make sure we receive your application at least ten working days prior to an event. Alternatively you can apply for a Late Temporary Event Notice at least five working days prior to the event.  The day of submission and the day of the event itself are not included as one of these working days so please ensure you submit them on time. Should you not give sufficient notice of the event then your application will be rejected.

Our advice is that you submit your TEN with as much notice as possible.

How to submit your TEN

Step 1
Pay for your TEN on the payment link below (a TEN is not valid until payment has been made) alternatively we can take a payment by debit card over the phone if you call our customer services on 01932 838383

Temporary event notice payment

Step 2

Complete the TEN form. You can download the PDF or Word version to your device and edit or print a copy.

You will see on the form a checklist at part 7 which asks if you have sent a copy to the Police and the Councils Environmental Health section, this is a statutory requirement, if you post it or deliver it yourself then you must give a copy to the Police and Environmental Health section. However if you submit the form electronically we will do this for you that is our statutory duty.

You can then email the form to us at licensing@runnymede.gov.uk please note this can be an edited computer generated form or a handwritten scanned form.

If you are not able to send the form electronically you can post it or deliver it by hand to the Civic Centre. 

Important - When you submit your application form by post or deliver it to the Civic Centre personally it is your responsibility to send a copy to the Police and the Councils Environmental Health Officer  (unless it has been submitted electronically), they must receive it within 10 (5 for late TEN) working days, so you must allow time for the post to reach them. If you submit your application by email the licensing section will do this for you, otherwise you must print copies and send them separately. Their addresses are - Environmental Protection Division, Runnymede Borough Council, Runnymede Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 2AH and  Surrey Police Licensing, PO Box101, Guildford, Surrey GU1 9PE. Please note that dropping your form for the Police at the Council offices does not mean you have given the notice to the Police

Alternatively you can apply by completing the form and emailing it to licensing@runnymede.gov.uk

You can also print the form and send it with payment to the Council. However please note that if you post your TEN  it is your responsibility to send copies to the Police and Environmental Health, if you do not do this your TEN may be rejected. See Responsible authorities for postal addresses.

PDF icon Temporary Event Notice application form (PDF)

Microsoft Excel ion Temporary Event Notice application form

What happens once you have submitted your TEN

The Council will acknowledge receipt of your TEN and will make you aware of any objections they may receive from the Police or Environmental Health, they have 3 working days in which to make any objection. If you do not receive any notification of an objection then there has not been one.

When your event is taking place you must display or have at the event a copy of the TEN form.

If you have any queries about the requirements for a Temporary Event Notice, please email licensing@runnymede.gov.uk or call 01932 425711.

Get in touch about licensing

The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call during office hours and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.