Abandoned vehicles

A vehicle which is burnt out or extensively damaged/smashed up (extensive damage to multiple windows/body panels) can be reported right away for assessment. Vehicles that appear to have been involved in a recent accident should first be reported to the police.

Other vehicles can be reported for assessment if they have not moved for at least three weeks AND have been untaxed for at least seven days. The MOT on the vehicle will also need to be expired. You must check if the vehicle is taxed before reporting a vehicle.

Report an abandoned vehicle