Street parties

Do I need a licence

If you are simply having all of your own food and drink at your street party you do not need to worry about licensing.

Regardless of where your event is held if your street party includes

  • the sale of alcohol

  • hot food and drink served after 11pm

  • live music

  • recorded music (note incidental music - the performance of live music or the playing of recorded music if it is incidental to some other activity is allowed without a licence - for example background music

You will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (cost £21)

If you are selling tickets in advance for a raffle, you may need a lottery registration but if you are selling tickets for a raffle/tombola for a charity or good cause on the day and your prizes are less than £500, then you probably will not need further permission to do so.