What is a street party?
There are some differences between street parties and outdoor public events.
- for residents/neighbours only
- advertised to residents only
- no licences normally necessary if music is incidental and no sale/supply of alcohol is involved
- formal risk assessments or insurance are not needed unless a road closure if required
Outdoor public events
- anyone can attend
- widely advertised
- Licence usually needed for sale/supply of alcohol, public entertainment etc, unless exempted by the Deregulation Act. For more information see the Temporary Event Notice pages
- Risk assessment and insurance needed
- Professionally organised
Help us improve this website
Let us know if you find any spelling mistakes, inaccuracies or broken links by using this form. If you provide an email address we will only use it to provide an update if required.
To get in touch about a service we provide use the contact us form.
Did you find this page useful