Street parties

More information about organising a street party can be found on the government website

Small private community parties and fetes where no alcohol is sold do not normally require a licence. These parties and fetes are where groups of residents, or a community organisation, organises an event for the benefit of their neighbours or a local school.

Parties on the highway

If you are thinking of organising a street party or an event for the King's Coronation you will need to submit an application - the deadline to apply for a temporary road closure is 24 March 2023

If your street party is taking place on the road or public highway you will need to apply for a Temporary Road Closure Notice. It's free and once granted will allow you to close the road to passing traffic for the duration of your event, you need to give at least 6 weeks' notice.

If the event is in a cul-de-sac or no through road a road closed sign should be displayed.

When the application is for a through road, and/or a traffic diversion route is required Runnymede Borough Council will consult Surrey County Council Highways for advice and agreement.

Temporary road closure application form

Parties on private land

If you are holding your party on private land or off the road you will not need a Road Closure Notice.