What counts as business waste
Any waste that comes from a commercial activity is business waste. If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is business waste.
Business waste also includes any waste that comes from
As a business you need to
- keep waste to a minimum by doing everything you reasonably can to prevent, reuse, recycle or recover waste (in that order) - get help to do this
- sort and store waste safely and securely
- complete a waste transfer note for each load of waste that leaves your premises
- check if your waste carrier is registered to dispose of waste
- not allow the waste carrier to dispose of your waste illegally (and report them to Crimestoppers if they do)
You have extra responsibilities if are dealing with hazardous waste
Get in touch about recycling and waste
The quickest way to contact us is by using our online forms which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need to speak to us give us a call and talk to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can email the service direct.